Monday, January 12, 2015

About Me

Hi,

I'm James.

I’m a sophomore industrial design student at Wentworth; I am extremely interested
in design consulting. I have visited several firms here in Boston, and was impressed
by the fast pace and constantly changing projects. I think for someone like me,
someone whose mind likes to shift gears quickly, working on a new project every few
months would really fit my work style. I attended Daniel Webster College for two
years and studied mechanical engineering. I discovered that the hands on problem
solving was something I greatly enjoyed; however, the tedious math work that
accompanied the hands on problem solving, was something I grew to hate as I
continued my program. I stumbled upon industrial design quite literally: I was on the
Stumble Upon webpage when I came across a video about car design. I looked into
industrial design and quickly realized that was a much better fit for my career than
mechanical engineering. With two years worth of work put into my new major, I can
honestly say it was one of the best life decisions I’ve ever made. Right now this blog
will be solely for my Viz. 4 class, but stay tuned because I'll be posting more design projects
in the future.

Thanks,

James Walters.

No comments:

Post a Comment